Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Waiting to Travel

Hello,



Waiting to travel is not part of my style. Usually we have to wake at some early hour, rush around, and get on the road. Today we are not leaving until in the evening. I have the entire day to figure out what to do.



Although one back pack does not hold much it is a quandary as to what should go in there. There are always more things that I would like to take. Two pair of sandals will fit so they are going in along with a change of shirt and one pair of shorts. I am also taking my pjs. Leroy who packed last night has no other shoes, but the ones he will be wearing. He has left at least one pair at Miriam’s. His bag is full, but I am not sure with what. Both of us packed some spare underwear. It is nice to know that there are enough people at Miriam’s house that filling a load of clothes is quite easy. Can you believe that Leroy and I would go for a weekend with just what we could carry on our backs? There would be no laundry facilities available so we just kept it simple.



Where do we get the idea that we need so much stuff and so much space in our lives? There is something seductive about it. This makes me realize that we should look at what we have accumulated in the last six years and consider what can be eliminated. Our church is having a coat drive. We did contribute to the last coat drive, but I can think of one coat that I seldom wear. Should I get out all my coats and consider the use of each? There are certainly favorites for a couple different temperatures. Now if the weather could just hold steady we could get rid of a coat for sure.



Paula

No comments: