Saturday, February 9, 2013

Yesterday


Hello,

Leroy was home yesterday. We went shopping which is my usual Friday morning activity. After we were home Leroy commented that it probably took longer with him along. That was true. In some ways he is more of a shopper than I am. Or maybe it is just different things such as tools and the poor guy does not get out very often.

He is riding his bike to work today. Before he left he talked about the temperature, wind, and the ice that is still around. We found a bit on the sidewalks yesterday. Hopefully the streets are clear today.

Leroy has invited his co-workers over for Fasnachts this Sunday, yikes, tomorrow! He contributed to the general welfare by vacuuming all carpet and washing the kitchen and bathroom floors. That is indeed a help.

I will dust today, mostly clean the bathroom, sigh about the lack of a door to cover our stacked boxes in the bathroom, wash the bathroom rugs, and wash other clothes.

At least with this type of gathering I am comfortable with the menu since I have done it so many years. I am a little uncomfortable with the size of the group. Leroy did ask for an RSVP. By the stated deadline only 20 people had signed up. I figured we could handle that just fine. Then it got to be 25 and at the end 30. I thought I would ask for help when we had originally talked about 40 being a possibility, but Leroy did not think so many would come. After learning the 30 number, I thought I really should have help but who and for what time. Now we are thinking that it will just be the two of us. Leroy greeting since he knows these people. Me? Frying donuts, supplying coffee and tea, and perhaps washing a few dishes should keep me occupied. If anyone volunteers to help I will accept.

There will also be at least five small children. I got the landlord’s little kid table, coloring sheets from the library, with colors/markers at the ready.

Are we prepared? I hope so. It will still go even if we are not ready. As my friend Nancy told me as we were leaving the seminary scene with our two graduates in tow, “Remember Paula do not put on the dog because then you just have to keep getting a bigger dog.”

Well this is a miniature dog.

Paula

No comments: