Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Life Goes On


Hello,

Leroy still could not ride the bike today even though he very much wanted to do that. The streets still have a bit more random icy spots than he wanted to risk his ability to miss. Tomorrow rain is predicted so that is not a good possibility either.

For some reason the fuse that is on the circuit that the microwave uses blows frequently. Maybe it is not so very often, but enough that it is a bother. I did not know just where the fuse was so yesterday I called the landlord and he went down to correct it. He took his phone so I could tell him when it was back on. He figured that he could have it done in less than a minute, but it took a minute and a half. I told him that Leroy had labeled it. “I think it must be in Leroy code,” he muttered as he searched.

Last evening Leroy took me down and showed me so that if no one else were home I could still deal with it.

For some reason I am losing weight, not quickly, but it seems to be steady. For years I have weighed 125 pounds. The other morning when I weighed I was 120.6. The next day it was 121. I guess I will have to work harder at eating more.

I did make an apple crisp for Leroy’s birthday. I added some cranberries to it and that necessitated some sugar. It tastes sweet to me, but maybe that helped add that part of a pound to my weight. Then for Leroy’s birthday supper we had homemade pizza. I told him we could eat out, but he wanted homemade so he helped make it. It turned out quite fine, but I had hoped to make it all myself, however I was glad of the help. It is great to have some companionship. Maybe that is the best part of eating in, cooperation and visiting.

Paula

No comments: