Monday, February 4, 2013

Plants


Hello,

Most of my plants seem to like this place. I have the urge to go around and tell all of them that even though we have lived here almost a year they will not have to move until next summer or maybe even later. I think they would all sigh in relief. Would I also sign in relief? Perhaps so, but I have to confess that moving is getting into my blood. It is fine to do it if there is a plan in place and something new coming up.

My two poinsettias look great as they add such wonderful red to the décor. Then there are the impatients blooming, thriving, and gracing us with a nice orange color. I still have a few buds on the Christmas cactus that is living with us. If we are still in this area I might have to take my big Christmas cactus to boarding school so it will bloom as the library is not the best place for it.

The basil plant looks odd, but we still pick off leaves to add flavor to this and that. I am hoping that it will survive until spring when we can once again put it outside. We are going to try to sign up for a garden plot at the community gardens which are only about three or four blocks away.

The primroses look as beautiful as when I brought them home over a week ago. What joy is to be garnered everyday as we take turns sitting on the side of the table so we can look at them while dining. I have a vine plant that used to belong to Leroy’s mother. It has thrived in this place as has my ancient mother-in-law’s tongue that had a prediction of death more than thirty years ago. It was declared too root bound to survive without repotting. It is still in the glass bowl. I enjoy looking at it even though my children never liked it.

Paula

No comments: