Saturday, February 23, 2013

Skis On


Hello,

This afternoon was the perfect time to put on the cross country skis. Rather it was the perfect time to drive to the nearby park and put on the skis. Leroy thought we could just walk there. It is easy enough with regular shoes on, but I thought I remembered that we should not walk so much in these ski boots. Driving worked as well. Someone else had been there ahead of us so we followed their tracks as that makes it so much easier. I did not go up the hill because I did not want to come back down, fall, and break a bone. As you can see I am just a scardy cat. It was not the best snow conditions as it tended to stick causing a difficult slide. Leroy said he did not even move so fast going downhill. He thought I could have handled it.

I wore my pedometer, but it would appear that I had hardly moved. I am still going to count it as a mile since I think it was really farther than that. I have already walked more than a mile so I am counting it all. One thing about the skiing it certainly is more of a work out than walking. I got quite hot and needed to shed some layers.

I sometimes feel worry that we bought those skis because we so seldom use them, but when I get out on such a gorgeous sunny day I am happy. Surely it is now under ten dollars per use.

When we came home from church on Wednesday night I lost my favorite black scarf. Leroy looked a bit on his way to work Thursday morning, but did not see it. I just hope that one of the homeless people or very poor people in our area found it and decided to use it. They would have it with my blessing. I have three other scarves that I use as outdoor scarves so it is not like I am lacking anything. I just liked the black because it was soft and complimented all of my coats.

Paula

No comments: