Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Warm


Hello,

The apartment heat was higher when I came home last night. Our landlords were home. What a difference it made from the morning. It has been so toasty all day today. It almost seems like a different place. The outside temperature was one degree when we got up, but who could tell from inside? The sun has been shinning, raising the temperature, and brightening the day. I like it so much. I am noticing that the sun pattern is getting close to what it was when we moved in. Even though I have seen the sun position change for over 60 years it still amazes and impresses me. I like it. Our Christmas cactus must also like it because it has quite a few buds on it. I look forward to seeing them bloom.

There is a computer expert who takes care of the library computers. He may be an expert, but for some reason every time he is in and does something to “my” computer it creates problems. Monday I could not open the library email on that machine. So I just moved to the front desk for that. It was also very slow bringing up the internet site that I use to determine just what number a series book is. Yesterday our boss tried to use my computer for email and of course it did not work. She just turned it off. The turn off is password protected so she did that shut down by pushing and holding the on button. Following that I was unable to get the label printer to open. That made my work day significantly different. I did not want to enter any books in the catalog because I could not print the call numbers. That would create a lot of duplicate work later. Instead I just stamped the library name on books as well as affixed barcodes. My arm even got tired from stamping. Usually I vary my work a bit so nothing is too stilting. I hope the expert has been back and able to fix all the problems on my computer. I work tomorrow. Hopefully I will be home before the predicted snow gets to be very much.

Paula

No comments: