Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Not Working


Hello,

I am not working because I worked on Saturday. My day off schedule did not go as planned. Good thing I am flexible, right! Sometimes it is hard to remember that I am flexible and can go with whatever comes my way. Complaining is easy and pops to the forefront.

My sister wanted to see what the primrose look like. I easily found the camera and took a picture. It was nice to move on taking a picture of my 25 cent poinsettia on the floor. Then the impatiens did not want to be left out. And of course, the original poinsettia deserved to be seen too. That was the fun part and easy.

Getting the pictures to the computer so I could upload took longer. I even considered taking a second set with the iPod and uploading from there. But I did not want to be flummoxed by a camera so I persisted. Usually we transfer pictures by taking out the chip, or whatever it is called, putting it in a holder that has a USB connection. It is all easy if you can find the holder. I spent much more searching time than I wanted before I finally admitted defeat and just used the patch cord only to learn that I had forgotten just how the process worked. At one point I decided maybe the camera battery needed replacing. Battery replaced, but it was other things such as no longer having the proper software on the desktop computer requiring it to download and then restart. Finally all systems were go. I got it downloaded along with 130 other pictures. I erased the pictures from the camera itself so I would not have to sort through all of them the next time. My favorite site for uploading photos to share is google picasa. That was updated since I last used it so it took some time for me to find my way around the new place. It is as bad as when they re-arrange a store and I cannot run, get my item, and leave. No instead it takes a bit more searching.

On a positive note I can send you the pictures and I have new brain connections from a morning of learning. If you want to seem my pictures, let me know and I can send the link.

Oh, and then I decided the camera battery was not dead, unfortunately the battery would not pop out of the camera as it should have. I struggled with my wimpy fingernails, but finally had a brilliant idea of using some scotch tape to pull it out. More brain connections! It helped, but not pulling it up high enough that I could easily grab it. Next I sought out the tweezers and the job was done.

Paula

No comments: