Saturday, December 1, 2012

Leroy Walking

Hello,

I did not want to drive Leroy to work this morning and pick him up at the end of the day.  We are going to a dinner and Christmas concert about an hour and half or more away. It just seemed like a bother, but I did grumpily agree to do it last night. This morning ever sensitive Leroy announced, as he got up, “I’m going to walk to work since you do not want to drive me.”

I did not finish so this was written on 1December 2012.

Guilt kicked in as I exclaimed, “Oh I can drive you I just did not feel like doing that. It is over three miles so it will take almost an hour or more to get there.”

“Really it is just a little over three miles so it should be under an hour,” Leroy assured me as he scurried around getting ready to get on the sidewalk. “It is in the 30’s so that is a nice temperature to walk.”

He called with the news that he made it in 45 minutes. Good for him to be able to still do the 15 minute mile at 64.75 years. Not too bad for a guy of his age.

We certainly enjoyed the dinner and conversation with two other couples who had been at the seminary at the same time that Leroy was. I remember someone once talking about visiting with someone they had not seen in 25 years. The mere concept of such a long time apart was difficult for me to get my mind around. Now no longer! One couple we had not seen in perhaps 25 years. We are not sure of the time length. It was great to see them again. Conversation did not lag and in fact it had to be cut short. What blessings abound! Other people are the supports that hold us up and keep us grounded.

Paula

No comments: