Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Leroy's Vest


Hello,

We had been looking for a lime green safety vest for Leroy to use when he rides the bike. It seems he will almost glow with the vest along with good front and back lights flashing away.

As ubiquitous as these vest seem to be they are hard to find in a store. I did find them on internet retailers with various prices starting at $3.50 if you buy ten of them. After that prices leaped up to over ten dollars with additional for shipping. I asked at several places such as home stores and lumberyards. As I told Leroy, “I think we are going to have to mug a construction worker.”

It was suggested that we go to Theisens which is a farm store. Or at least that is how I think of it. I checked on the web site and they wanted ten dollars for a vest. I was thinking of giving this to Leroy for Christmas before I learned he was also looking. He searched out a Theisens on this side of town, so he stopped in, bought himself a vest for ten dollars, and is quite pleased. “I am really noticeable now,” he declared. The long search contributed to satisfaction and a change of standards. $3.50 is out of mind. I even considered ordering them and selling the extras on the street corner.

I had a slight fever last night and it came back today so I did not go to work. My nose is flowing like the Cedar River. I thought about the Nile, but that would surely be an exaggeration. No longer is there a question about snow driving. As of yet I think it still is not snowing, just raining. But around the neighborhood people are getting snow blowers revved up and I pulled all of the rutabagas. I was so tired that I did not take care of most of them, but put them in the cool attic for a later day when I have more energy. I berated myself for not pulling some of them sooner. My excuse is that it was fun to see how long they could stay out there in the cold.

Paula

No comments: