Saturday, December 22, 2012

Preparations


Hello,

Leroy and I went on, what I consider a marathon shopping trip. Spoken like someone who has no thrill to the chase. We started in the mall where Leroy got a last minute gift for me while I went to another part of the place. Then it was on to a store where I looked for another gift for him, could not find, and pronounced it not worth the effort. Leroy knows that I value him above gifts, but I am not sure he feels the same way as he is so much more aligned with the gift giving/receiving crowd. Then it was on to three separate stores to buy some groceries. We spent as much as we do in about three weeks. Leroy commented, “It is less than plane fare.” Mostly we were buying things we normally do not have in the house. One of which was turkey breast because I could not face a whole bird.

When we got home we learned that our landlord had given us a smoked turkey breast. That first breast is going back to the store. I called our girls to make sure that they would be ok with this smoked bird. They agreed it would be fine. It is hard to believe that I raised the champion returner of all time. I on the other hand feel a little uncomfortable, but not so much that I will not do it. It just will not be a breeze.

My fever is gone, but I was quite tired when we got home from all of that exertion. Leroy did a great job: driving, pushing the carts, helping select, and carrying. He believes that I see him as a pack animal. Close, close! He cannot complain much because he has rarely been shopping since we have moved to this location. It was true of the last two homes as well. I have had more time so I felt it was my job.

Just two days to go before Sarah, Stephen, and girls arrive. Just three until Miriam comes. She tells me that Olivia is not well and Andy thinks he is also “getting something.” I did not even pass it on to them.

Paula

No comments: