Friday, December 21, 2012

Better?


Hello,

My fever was the highest last night, but then during the night I woke drenched in sweat. Does that mean that it broke? I still feel a bit achy this morning, but otherwise good.

I decided not to go shopping as is my habit on Friday morning, because I could not face hauling all of the bags upstairs by myself. I will let Leroy go with me and help. Actually even if he stayed home and just made a couple trips up the stairs that would make a huge difference. I am hoping that the stores will not be busy on the Saturday before Christmas. What are the chances of that? Hopefully others will be done and moving on to other things.

“Leroy,” I said, “I think you have been healthier because of all your bike riding.”

“I think that too,” he replied.

Now if I could just get some regular exercise maybe I would be able to dissipate some stress. Sources of stress? Much as I want my children to come visit, I am nervous about it. We do not eat the same kinds of things. I can eat other foods for a short time, but I am not sure that they are tolerant of all the veggies I eat. I also do not have sweet food and I am sure that will be a lack for them. It is hard to feed people foods that I feel are not good for them. It creates a moral dilemma for me.

Then I am wondering how I will entertain these girls. I have few toys or other appropriate things for them to play with. I hate to get things since they so seldom visit that they might use something for one visit and be past it for the next. Sarah did call this morning to check if we indeed had snow on the ground. Maybe we can use the sleds. Hope these girls have warm clothing with them.

I must relax, it will all work out.

Paula

No comments: