Monday, December 24, 2012

Waiting


Hello,

Waiting is big on the agenda, but I am also getting some things done. I have washed, dried, and folded most of two loads of clothes. Some of them are still drying. I had the dryer on normal heat. I happened to touch the top back of it and almost burned my hand. I figure that was a good warning to turn down the heat. It is an older machine that I have not often used before. Certainly more caution is in order.

I have also started a batch of bread that we will eat tomorrow. I figure Christmas dinner will be rather low key since I do not have to cook the turkey. Because of that I am not making dressing or gravy. I had forgotten that Leroy’s family also has the ravioli then, but he of course remembers. I guess we will have that too, but it is fairly simple to boil and I put it in the crock until time to eat.

Leroy vacuumed the floors and washed the kitchen floor so we are mostly ready for this event. He is at work until 2:00. Not sure how many people will be in, but they are ready at the museum/library.

This morning I spoke with Brian’s family on the web cam and I newly miss them. After all more people would not add to my stress level, but I do wish that we had about twice as much space in our living quarters. Sometimes even with just two people here we can get in each other’s way. What is it going to be like when there are ten of us? Then I am ashamed because I just read Mao’s last dancer. This family had maybe two rooms, but for sure they slept five in a bed. We are not required to do that. We have two bedrooms, living room, computer room, and kitchen. Is that extravagant?

We found some toys so the girls should be occupied some of the time. Hopefully they can figure out how to get along. Sometimes that is an issue.

Paula

No comments: