Sunday, December 23, 2012

Things Accomplished


Hello,

I hoped out of bed at the creak of dawn or had dawn even cracked? That was so my hair could dry before we set out for church. It was almost done when we left. It felt fine under my coat hood. In spite of the cold and still being tired it was a pleasant walk in the crisp cool air.

For some reason I did not get to sleep in a timely manner last night. I kept thinking about the book that I am reading, which I have now finished. It is for our book club. It is called Sing them Home by Stephanie Kallos. It gave me some things to think about.

After we came home Leroy learned that the store where we got the turkey breast would be open. Even though I dislike going to the stores on Sunday, I broke my own rule and went. It was a happy moment to get that bird out of my small freeze and correct an incorrect charge on the same bill. We also managed to bring home at least three other things that we had forgotten. We got some toiletry items for the homeless people who will be staying in the church for a week. Was that purchase to sooth my conscience? Perhaps.

After that we ate lunch and made Ravioli. That seems like it should be calm, but I just yelled at Leroy until he felt like slinking off and away from me, declaring, “Next time if you do not want to make ravioli you should just say so. There is no reason to get so excited by it all.”

Why am I yelling? Who knows, but maybe many factors such as tired, lack of sleep, being unsure of myself as a hostess, not knowing what we will do, and no meal plans are made except in my head where they could disappear in a moment.

Paula

No comments: