Monday, December 17, 2012

Normal Life


Hello,

After Friday’s horrific event I am so grateful for the normal life I have lived. How does it happen that my life is so good? I have no real answers to that question just thankfulness. I do wonder about our population and where it is headed, can we change course and make a difference? Yes I believe that is so very possible. That is where hope lies. I always try to remember that I am not alone. I have God and God given people in my live to guide my way.

Leroy’s building had a Christmas party at someone’s house. I am always a little uncomfortable to go into a situation where I know almost no one, but it was fine. There were plenty of people for me to talk with and make a small connection. I also noted that Leroy and I were possibly the oldest people there. Can it be that we are truly of the older crowd when I generally feel so young?

I often connect well with younger people. The person at work that I talk with on the deepest level is slightly younger than my children. I would not have expected this to be the case. Maybe as adults, it is more a question of personality and interests than age that helps make bridges.

Today at work we will have our first staff meeting in a long time. Lunch will be provided. What a treat. Our director has just graduated from library school. Now we will see her much more than we did in the past three months. All of us did wonder how she managed, however, because she was been full time student teaching and still spends plenty of time with us in the evenings. She certainly has a lot of stamina because she worked a full day every Saturday as well. Now that causes me to feel a little old.

The first bloom on my Christmas cactus at home has opened. What a nice gift!

Paula

No comments: