Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In Minnesota


Hello,

Leroy and I managed to get out of town heading to MN in good order. Leroy got off work early and I tried to remember to leave on time with only being five minutes past the mark.

We had a smooth uneventful drive to Brian’s. Even our clip on the metal water bottle was silent. Usually that clicking drives us crazy and we wonder why that thing is on there. We take it off and then forget to take it back in the house when we get home consequently spend time later searching for it.

Cleo, the dog was quite excited to see us, but I think she responds that way to many people; however I like to think I am special to her because I take her on wonderful walks. Logan was asleep so no big welcome there. Sophia was still awake. She came out but did not come to me preferring to cling to her mother’s leg. “Are you leaving now?” she rather plaintively asked her mom. She knew that our primary motive for coming was to babysit overnight. It was a relief to learn that it would not be until the next night, however her welcome was still less than excited.

Deep in my heart I expect that someday the kids will find our visits an annoyance or interruption to their lives, but I hope that is not for a while yet. Now I just desperately want to know all of these grandchildren before they leave us behind for other excitement.

In the morning, grinning Logan came in bed with us where he crawled on top of Leroy for quite some time as those two enjoyed reconnecting. I caught an occasional glance and grin with my name flung out with enthusiasm. I’m happy to share with Leroy, I really am.

In the afternoon, Sophia was quite happy and excited to see us after her daycare time. That evening when Brian and Jen left it seemed to be a small issue. We had no problems and enjoyed our time together.

Paula

No comments: