Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Still Here


Hello,

I have been busy, but not necessarily with Christmas things. I did get out the Christmas cards after I found them, wrote a possible letter, rejected it, and wrote another. Leroy even addressed some envelops plus he edited and made copies of the letter. My plan has shifted from sending cards early, to before Christmas delivery will be fine.

Today, however I have not worked on that. Instead I have made granola, bread, cooked rice and sweet potatoes. It warms up the apartment and smells good around here. I have a good book I am reading, but have managed to not be lured in by it even with its strong siren song.  It is called, Mao’s Last Dancer. As usual my mornings before going to work are not rest and relaxation times. Generally I am racing around trying to get it all done. Good thing I only work two nights a week.

Leroy and I drove to MN Thursday afternoon, evening so that we could be settled in to babysit for the grand kids Friday night. We came home on Saturday because Leroy had a commitment at Sunday school. We were glad to miss driving in their 12 inches plus of snow.

Yesterday I would have written, but the internet was down just as I was ready to go. Then I got some nice time for reading. I could have cleaned or something, but it was not on my schedule. It is all a trade off. Our phone is part of our internet and I truly felt cut off from the world with two communication methods not working. I have the cell phone, but it is not such a big deal in my life since there we pay by the minute.

I was not so busy at the library until the last hour and a half. It seemed people called each other. One guy wanted to send a fax and for whatever reason it was not working. That meant more fussing. I was ready to think about closing when I had someone check out who needed their library card updated. That requires more time. The last people were ready to check out when it was after closing time and they also needed to have a card updated and even one new card. In the meantime someone who had a book on hold came in before I could lock the door. They also thought about getting out another book, apologized about keeping me, and left. By that time it was about half an hour later. At least all of these people are people I know and enjoy visiting with so it was not much of an imposition.

The car windows were a bit frosty, but I tempted fate and drove with the internal fog that dissipated as the heat came up.

Paula

No comments: