Saturday, June 2, 2012

Working


Hello,

I do not usually work on Friday, but it was the start of summer reading so I helped. There were only two of us and it was a busy day. I can say that I enjoyed most of it. I have missed working with students. It is especially nice when there are no necessary disciplinary measures that need to be enforced. I am grateful that most people, young and old, discipline themselves.

I had just a few of those large print books to enter in the catalog. I was sure that would be done early, however I only finished the last one fifteen minutes before leaving. I understand that the summer will just be busy.

At least I got the Inter Library Loan books ready to go. There were eight requests, but we did not own two of the books, however it takes a bit of time to track that down. Then there were two books to return. I am yet attached to my lists to make sure that I am completing all steps. It seems too easy to forget one of them.

The special girls were in again, but they were not so much of a problem. Do you think they could be maturing nicely? The brother of one of these girls was also in at a different time. He has a long way to go. Hopefully it will just get better and better.

Leroy is volunteering at the museum this morning. Yesterday they completed the move to the new/renovated building and the museum guild will be touring the finished place. I think we have both missed volunteering. We used to do quite a lot of that when we lived in Ely and have not done much since. We both get a sense of satisfaction from being able to help out.

Paula

No comments: