Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just Buy It


Hello,

Friday evening Leroy and I went and bought the IPod along with a docking station. We were excited and anxious wondering, “What have we done buying this thing we do not really need?”

Then at home it was open it up and try to figure it out. Today Miriam tells us that it is to be intuitive. However, perhaps that is a different generation as we have struggled a bit with it. Or perhaps our intuition is off to the left of pre technology. I had a stressful time putting in my email password as I could not find one symbol that I use. Leroy finally found it on another screen. Because it was late all we found on it of value to us was the weather and maps.

While I was at work yesterday Leroy learned how to transfer our CD’s. That is the original purpose of getting this compact player so we do not have to haul around our dated, but still working large stereo. We have not yet decided how and if we will save our records and cassettes.

We only got an 8 gig machine because the kid in the store said that it should hold about 5000 songs. We do not have nearly that many. Leroy said when I got home, “I am not sure we can get all of our songs on here as I have used at least half the space and I have a ways to go.”

What we had not thought about is that most of our music is classical and it has long running time compared to popular music that is done in about three minutes. So we are maxed out with just what we have here.

We also can not figure out how to search easily through our 300 plus songs. But Miriam tells us we need to create play lists.

Then when we talked to Sarah, we learned that she and Stephen think maybe we should have considered an IPad. We had not even thought of that. There are just too many choices out there. But in addition, we can still buy an IPad later, right?

Paula

No comments: