Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Issues


Hello,

Our address issues are not over as concerns the insurance company. The frequent address changes in the last year have created an unstable environment even if we always pay our bills on time. Perhaps two weeks ago we got a check from them on our personal items account. It appeared that it was being cancelled. At that point I decided our rings were not worth fooling with so I just cashed the check. Friday we got a bill from them for that same account with an amount due that was a bit larger than the check and extended the policy for a year. The only concern was that the location was listed as our last more permanent address; however the bill was addressed to this apartment. I had thought about visiting the friendly agent up the street from us, but on consideration paying it seemed the easier thing to do. I certainly would like them to know that our possessions are now residing in the same place as our bodies.

Another issue I do not know how to fix involves my special girls at the library. I had to have a serious talk with them about their vocal volume. A bit later one of them asked me if I would continue to work there or if I would look for a full time job. I said I would stay. One of them asked what I disliked most about my job. Without considering all the options I pointed at them. I could tell it hurt their feelings a lot. I know, I know that they are the reason, but on the other hand I have had some good talks with them. It is not all bad, I just report the negative. Then I added that I do not like to discipline. She in addition asked what I liked best. I could tell her that I find a great deal of satisfaction in helping people find what they were looking for. It was not long after that that they got worse and soon left. I personally think that was hurt coming out as anger. I wish I could take back that point, but as you know it is impossible to retract words or actions. I still have much to learn.

Paula

No comments: