Saturday, June 9, 2012

Visitors


Hello,

Yesterday I had a couple from Chariton visit as they were on their way to Dubuque. See we are on the way to somewhere, you can come visit too. And you can even visit if we are the end destination.

It was great to see them again and it was great to show them the apartment. They were quite impressed with the amount of space that we have. I think my sister was too. This couple also commented on how nice the place looked. I have become quite settled in and liking it. I am pleased now that we have so much up on the walls and that Leroy has put in so much shelving allowing us to store more things on this level. It is quite good. The hard part was coming from the last two parsonages that were larger than we needed and we just oozed, seeped, and spread into all that space as if it were our due.

It has taken a mental adjustment to pull in a bit, but it has happened, so come see us.

Before company came I washed three more windows, and vacuumed the floors since I had the vacuum out for the sills. One of the windows has an awning, for which I am grateful in these sun intense days, but it made it tricky to get the screen in the house without dropping it. There was also a cable of some type that required more maneuvering to get past. Going back out seemed easier, but maybe that was just because I was prepared. Preparation does make a difference doesn’t it?

Then Friday afternoon, it was back down to Ely for a staff going away party for our director who is moving. Three of us are recent hires with one longer term person, but we still felt that we should acknowledge her time and help in getting us situated in our positions. I understand that a new director has been hired, but I do not know when the starting date is. So things might change some. Good thing I am flexible, right? I am flexible, right?

Paula

No comments: