Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Window Washing


Hello,

Yesterday I tackled one window that has especially noticeable dirt. It washed up beautifully and with little difficulty. The windows are of the newer kind that tilts into the house. It was so easy to get to the outside. I also believe in cleaning the screens and the sill. That created some problem as I struggled to put this full sized screen back in the slot without dropping it several feet to the ground where it would surely crumple in a non repairable heap. I do not know how high we are, but we come up about 15 steps. When I got home from work I was disappointed to learn that Leroy had not immediately exclaimed about the great looking window.

He could not even find it when I asked, “Did you notice anything different when you came home?”

Even after looking around for a while he was mystified. I had to give several hints, before he looked out that window that he had often complained about.

Even with the two of us it was a struggle to get that screen securely in place. I wondered if we were going to have to ask for the ladder and climb up beyond Leroy’s comfort zone to finish the job when it finally settled into place.

Today I, with Leroy’s permission, took out two more screens and washed two more windows. I had thought about just waiting until Leroy came home before attempting to put screens back, but tried anyway and they slipped right in as if we all knew what we were doing.

Now with such success behind me I will try to do two more windows before the day is over. I do not like washing the windows, but I so like the results. It opens my soul and takes me more clearly outside.

Paula

No comments: