Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Anticipation


Hello,

Sometimes the anticipation of an event or exercise can be different than the result. Why do we even bother to use energy anticipating?

Leroy had been so sure that the watercolor would be difficult to cut down to the frame size. Well it was a breeze and not worth any anxious thoughts about it. It is now looking good hanging in our bedroom. We could have even spent more on the frame and gotten a mat to enhance it.

Sunday we were the only people who turned out or up? Just what is that preposition? We turned up for a bike ride. Because we were already out we headed off anyway. It has been a while and Leroy especially told me about his bottom noticing the rather harsh seat. Somehow regular riding is not in our schedule. I am impressed that Leroy is doing exercise almost every day. There was a time when I was the one who exercised with religious fever. We have switched roles.

This morning as I wrote for my devotions, I realized that it is our anniversary. I wished Leroy a happy anniversary. “We should do something special, but what?” he asked.

I work today from 1:00 to 8:00 and Leroy works from 8:00 to 5:00, consequently we do not see much of each other. Some other day, some other time will have to be special. It just occurred to me that we could buy an IPOD and the base and convert our cassettes, records, and CDs to that little storage/playing unit. Leroy used to be the person who was all eager for this change. We have switched roles here too. Perhaps Leroy has lost his anticipation of just such a change as I had resisted spending the money on something we already have access to.

Going back to anticipation, I believe that part of the joy of a celebration is in the anticipation of that event. So anticipation can be good. Memories also make it special as I remember the gathering with our children and grandchildren last year.

Paula

No comments: