Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Ways of God?


Hello,

We are looking at TV’s and trying to decide what is the best for our lives, space, environment, and bank balance. We are in no hurry to purchase as our old TV still works. At Wal-Mart we glanced, then stopped even though we were on the way past to get other things. Either we looked like serious buyers or we just took so long with so much discussion that one of the clerks even talked with us about possibilities. After she left, we spent some more time talking and looking.

At that point a customer guy who looked to be in his 20’s came up and asked, “Would you like some more help? I used to work at Best Buy.”

“Sure, tell us what you know,” I told him.

After gleaning all of his TV advice he happened to mention that he was from Utah. I then told him we have a daughter who lives there. He wondered if we were Mormon. I said, “No we are Lutheran.”

“I am too,” was his response.

After he learned that we belonged to the same branch of Lutheranism that he does, he commented, “I do not know where to find a church around here.”

Talk about coming to the right people. Leroy was able to name two churches that are somewhat close to where he is living. He does not have a car, consequently we got his name and phone number so we could have someone call him. He then talked some about the state of his soul. I let Leroy answer that while I prayed he would come up with the best possible answer for this person. He seemed so happy to have talked with us. He is also looking for a bible study. We got TV advice and he got some God advice. Guess there is more to everyone and every situation than meets the eye. I must remember never make assumptions about anyone.

Paula

No comments: