Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More Tech Knowledge


Hello,

Brian called to tell us that we need to make playlists so we would have some on the computer and some on the device. Miriam mentioned the same thing in a call. Then Stephen sent an email detailing how the computer is similar to a library where we can keep much of the music and than just access what we want when we feel like listening to something by using play lists. All of that was quite helpful for getting it more neatly arranged in our minds to realize that we do not need a large IPod. Then I remembered that I had signed up for ICloud where music, photos, videos, and more are stored out there in the heavens somewhere just waiting for us to get to them and use them.

I asked Leroy if he was storing the music on or in ICloud, (It seems if it is in the cloud it might fall though.) but he had no idea. So we will have to learn about that. I have a feeling it would be seamless if we had a Mac computer of one type or another. We feel that we are floating off somewhere in the clouds.

Stephen also commented that the IPod with the ear phones was a great sound. We have not tried that as neither of us likes to use ear phones. I suppose someday I will try it, but not yet. I know that the sound with just the IPod is not as good as with the docking station as that is what we were hearing when we thought we should take the docking station back to the store.

Good thing we have savvy kids who can help to guide us through some of these steps.

On the other hand I did help that woman transfer her files from her old floppy to her flash drive. It was as smooth and easy as I thought it would be. She thinks I am quite good, however she knows nothing about my IPod rant. Then there was a student, maybe college age, who was working on a project. He was not going to be able to finish it before his time ran out. I told him to email it to himself and then he could work on it again when he opened up the additional time. He could not figure out how to copy the email so he could paste it back in word processing. I knew how to do that. So, younger brains do not always know everything. The big difference is that I had done such a thing before and knew that I could copy an email after I got in reply mode.

I tried to change the library close dates, but was unable to do that even though I followed directions. There I wonder if I need another password even though I thought I had been given one that allowed me to do everything.

Learning, Learning! Surely the brain cells are healthy.

Paula

No comments: