Saturday, June 23, 2012

Habitat


Hello,

At 8:00 this morning we were at the habitat building site ready to build. Work actually started at 8:30 after gathering time with prayers and instructions. Then it was off to work painting woodwork for me and truing door frames for Leroy. I continued to paint for the rest of the time, but Leroy did some clean up and other odds and ends before he saw me stopped at 3:15, he said, “Are you ready to call it a day?” Since not being the pastor, Leroy apparently does not feel obligated to remain until the last board is moved. What a change in character!

I was ready; however it was an enjoyable day. I am happy to make a contribution with some hands on experience. We often contribute money to this and that, but in many ways that does not cost so much as taking the time. It was also good for us to meet some other people from the congregation as that has not been so easy for us. We do not stay for coffee hour after church making it more difficult for someone to talk to us, however we have noticed that no one comes up and talks to us unless they know us. I was a little sad that only one other woman was on the building site today, but it was nice to meet some men.

Leroy wants to go camping on the coming weekend. The weekend of the 7th I am to get training to help with the grand opening of the Czech/Slovak museum. The next weekend is the opening which will apparently keep both of us quite busy. The next weekend is my work weekend. After that I am free for a few more weekends until they are scheduled with something that I have not thought about.

Paula

No comments: