Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Treats


Hello,

I keep thinking of small things we can have for our anniversary. Walnuts were the special one day as we do not get them so often because of the cost. In all honesty I relish them more than Leroy does, but he still likes them. On our Ely bike ride we went to the farmer’s market and bought a wonderful whole wheat, seed filled bread that we enjoyed by breaking off chucks and savoring. Now that was equally liked by both of us. This week a store has the IPod on sale and it is calling to us more strongly each day. Friday or Saturday it might get so powerful that we/I will be drawn irresistibly to it.

Leroy did have a preaching supply job. He then said we could put that money toward the IPod. Is that just another justification since we really do have the money? Course once we have the IPod we then need a docking station. Do we opt for cheap or top of the line?

Going back to that church job, I did not go with Leroy because it was for two services and I did not really want to hear the service twice. Because he is not preaching on a regular basis Leroy fussed around about writing the sermon. But perhaps the biggest problem is finding the time to do it. In the past he always wrote his sermons on Friday morning after spending much of the week thinking about it. This time he was still muttering about it on Saturday. However, in spite of, or maybe because of that it must have been an acceptable to good sermon. Two of the listeners asked for a copy of it. One woman wanted it because her husband was not able to come to church and the other person just wanted it to reread it. I can tell you that I have never asked anyone for a copy of their sermon and do not expect to do that in the near future. In this instance, it might have been good to have heard it in person. I have to admit that I did not ask Leroy for a private oration. Guess sermons are just not my big interest even though I have listened to many.

Paula

No comments: