Sunday, June 24, 2012

Shelves


Hello,

It is wonderful to have all of these shelves. It is not so easy to find that item we want. Leroy has decided to give to the museum the slide projector that we got as a gift from some other Americans as they were returning to the US. I think it would not fit in their suitcase. Somehow we managed to get the job done, maybe taking it on some strip across the waters before we moved back to the US, and have had it in our possession. In the six years that we have been in the US we have rarely used it. The museum would use it as they have a collection of slides so it seems like the perfect place to re-gift this item. We found it easy enough, but I suggested that before he gives it away Leroy should look at his slides from Israel. Sadly I have not been able to find my 1999 (that’s the year not the number) Russia slides. The last place I remember looking at them is Knoxville, IA. Because we lived there in 2001-2002 I know I have not seen them since then.

This morning we spent a time looking for the slide trays. Leroy was sure we had two and I thought even three, but then I wondered if we had given them away because they were not in any box so far. Finally when searching the shelf that should not have held them, they came to light nestled in two separate boxes on that high shelf. Do I now complain about too many shelves? No I am happy to have so many places to put things on this level. I have been a control freak about labeling boxes and having the labels face out for readability, but it is difficult when other things sit in front and cover labels.

After that it was a struggle to get the projector to work. Something seemed to be stuck in front of the lens. Leroy was able to extract that slide from the former owners. Paul and Kay did you ever go to Mombasa? If so we can send you this picture of the sea and a “head”.

Leroy enjoyed looking at his Israel pictures, but says it is fine not to see them again. I also liked looking at the few Russia slides that I had that were rejects from my slide show. I would still like to have the others in my possession, but I have mourned their passing.

Paula

No comments: