Sunday, February 26, 2012

Warmth

Ely, IA

Hello,

The sun shone and the temperature climbed along with our spirits. My mother used to talk about how the chickens would sing when the sun shone. Well, we were singing today.

We again walked to church and then in the afternoon walked up the bike trail. It was wonderful. According to my pedometer we walked a little over three miles today. Word was that the trail is used a lot and it would seem to be true as we met four people walking out there. We saw bike riders in town so I would guess that they had used it as well.

I took pictures of our children and grandchildren to church. It was great fun to show them off. So many people remember our children so I thought they might like to see how they turned out as adults.

Late in the afternoon Leroy and I drove to Iowa City for a choir concert that was to have been free. We thought that fit our budget. At the table to the entrance there was a sign listing the ticket cost of $17 per adult and $14 per senior. We probably fit the senior category, but we still turned around and left because we did not want to spend about $30. Perhaps we could pay that after we figure out just how much money will be available after set expenses.

It was a nice day for a drive up through this area that is quite familiar to us. There are just so many new houses around here. It is something to be in an area that is growing so much.

Yesterday we visited some old friends. It is just good to catch up and find out where they are going in life. To talk and to listen is such a satisfying activity. Are we all wired that way?

Leroy is adjusting to the weekends off, but I get the feeling that he does miss being in the church as a worker. Life has adjustments all of the time. It is surprising because I thought when I grew up I would have arrived and life would be just a gentle slide from there to the end.

Paula

No comments: