Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Missing Sock

Ely IA

Hello,

I washed clothes today, felt successful, discovered a missing sock, checked twice, and felt unsuccessful. How do these things disappear? It is a black sock made out of nylon so it could be sticking to some item of clothing, but I did check a couple of the most likely attracting suspects. There is little room between the bedroom and the washer so I do not suspect that it could have been dropped and disappeared from view. I did my usual pattern of checking the same places at least twice just because I cannot believe it is not there.

Logan got a haircut. Today I saw him on the webcam. I was amazed to see that he might join his sister in the blonde hair club. All of my children were blond as was Leroy. All of my grandchildren have brown hair except for Logan’s sister, Sophia. A year ago when Logan was born he had dark hair. One the reasons that I got to see Logan was that he is sick and could not go to daycare. It is sad that I am so far away, even at four hours it is too far, because I would certainly have the time to take care of him. Oh for that private jet so I could dash from child need to child need with all of my free time. It seems that there is either time or money available, but seldom both. Perhaps that helps us to appreciate what we do have and question the importance of each in our lives.

On Sunday Leroy and I stayed at church for a lesson in how to play Bunco. Leroy was one of the big losers so he got a consolation price of a game of Bunco. We were quite happy to get that as we are not hauling any games around with us. This game set includes nine dice so we played the game of zilch with the dice last night. It was fun especially because I won one game and Leroy won one. It seemed smart not to have a play off.

Paula

No comments: