Monday, February 13, 2012

Thinning Hair


New Brighton, MN

Hello,

Does stress or luck of the genes cause hair to thin? I have noticed that mine has definitely changed. When Miriam looked for those head lice in my hair she commented that there was not much place for them to hide. Just a couple days ago Brian commented on my thinning hair. It is a fact, but I dislike having it confirmed. Seems to me that hidden would be much nicer. Do I trust God to handle hair loss? I suspect it is low on the priority list and should be as it fits in the vanity category.

I will be on the bus tomorrow morning heading back to Iowa. Brian went to the physical therapist this morning. He was pleasantly surprised to experience no additional pain during this visit. He has been given a few exercises to do, suggestions of ways to move, and will return next week. His knee is bending more each day.

The good things that are the result of this loose and free life that Leroy and I have been living are: We have visited all of our children and grandchildren which seldom has happened so much in one year. We even got to spend more time than just a day or two so we get to experience them at their present ages. We are acutely aware of the help that others give us often just when we need it. We know that a job and a permanent home are not everything that makes life good. Trust is easier and more solid when visible supports have been cut away. Good people are everywhere. We have too much stuff in our lives and we do not know how to pare it down to turtle size. Laughter is free and good. Sunsets are free for all to enjoy. We will find the right place for us to be.

Just think I have not seen Leroy in a week. He will pick me up at the bus stop and take me to our new temporary abode. Apartment/house hunting will have to begin in earnest when I have free time to do it.

Paula

No comments: