Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bus Ride Coming


New Brighton, MN

Hello,

I will be leaving Tuesday on the bus. When Brian checked into the possibility of traveling between Minneapolis and Cedar Rapids we found it to be possible in a six-hour trip. In the car it takes four to four and a half hours. I had looked when we lived in Burlington and at that time it was an overnight connection. Now the bus leaves here an hour earlier in the morning. It is not so much more that I am quite content to do this. I do have to change buses three times, but that should not be hard. I figure that if I can change planes in some big airports with little time between connections this should be easy because I surely do not have to change buildings.

Now I will have to borrow a bag from Brian, as I cannot get all of the shoes that I kept with me in my suitcase. Perhaps I have a few extra clothes as well. Brian and Jen are not planning to travel soon; consequently they will not notice the absence of one small bag. Logan’s birthday celebration will be the first weekend in March. Because we are a mere four hours away and Leroy does not have a Sunday job, we are planning to come for that.

Our oldest grandchild, Olivia, just celebrated her fifth birthday, but ironically we were not there. The timing was fine, however it would have been nice to have been there for a birthday since we had stayed with them for almost two or three months.

Brian once again feels more leg pain in the last two days although his knee is flexing much more than it had been. It is probably good that I have been here for the weekend as well as for tomorrow when he goes to physical therapy. He is hoping this will make a different, but he is also a little anxious about the possibility of pain involved in this procedure.

It was again warm enough this afternoon that we took Logan out in the yard where he went a down a short slide in the sun and jiggled on the small trampoline.

Paula

No comments: