Friday, February 24, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster

Ely IA

Hello,

Yesterday I checked our credit card bill and was shocked at how large it was, but then I realized that we had not yet paid for the windshield wiper repair. So the two car bills made it over $800. There were also two bills that I thought were for towing the car. One was for $35 and the other for $80. How could two places charge us for the one towing job?

I have kept track of what we spend and have done this for years. Well it had been some months since I managed this part of our life. I was appalled at how much we have spent for gas, flying around, and using the bus. Using the credit card does allow one to ignore the flow of money. Leroy and I have always paid our bill in full so that is not a problem. But then I know that we have enjoyed all of these trips and we did have the money to pay for them. By the time afternoon came I had let that go.

Just as Leroy came home I realized that we had bought gas at the one place that I thought had done the towing. So that put all of this angst to rest. What a waste of energy!

All of my recent reading material has been rather serious. Somehow that did not help my frame of mind. One book that I got from the SLC library is not one that I want to finish. I had to grumble about the disappointment and the waste of hauling it around of more than a thousand miles. Last night I finally found something that is just a bit lighter read. That helped me to feel better.

Except for Sundays, I am once again walking two miles a day for Lent. Today I waited until Leroy came home before we walked. It was so cold and windy that we really wanted to be done long before that point. The biggest challenge was that the wind was at our back on the way out and in our face on the return trip. My thighs were chunks of ice and Leroy’s face a bright red. Luckily the house is warm and normalcy returned quickly. Now I feel fine for having met the difficulty head on.

Paula

No comments: