Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Looking a Duplex

Ely, IA

Hello,

Tonight Leroy will pick me up for a trip back to Cedar Rapids where we will look at a duplex that is the second floor of a house with the owner living below. One big plus is the two car garage that comes with it. It is also lower rent than the house we looked at previously. The owner was quite happy that Leroy called back. Interesting that in housing our age makes us appear like good renters where as in the job world it makes us too expensive. “Did he ask your age?” I wanted to know.

“Not quite, but he commented that my voice sounded older,” Leroy replied.

“I did not tell him my age, but agreed that we were older,” Leroy added.

If we understand the particulars it looks like a good possibility for us. It also has air conditioning. Part of me believes that we can live without it, but on the hottest days especially when sleeping upstairs, it is a blessing. If we are reading it correctly there is also a washer and dryer, two items that are often not included. We are praying that we are in the right place at the right time.

I am applying for a library job in Ely where we are now living. It is part time and not so well paid in dollars, but has the benefit of being something I would truly enjoy doing and it will contribute a bit to our standard of living. It is hard to fill out the forms because I do not have a permanent address. Do you get the feeling that is the story of my life? I mostly do not know where to say I am living. Just where am I anyway? Can anyone tell me? Is this trusting in God?

Someone of you asked where we are living for this temporary time. We are in the basement of a former member of the church in Ely where Leroy worked for 15 years. Can you imagine we lived in one place for 15 years? At this moment it is the longest in one place since we have been married.

When we lived here we worked some to have a bike path put in. It did not happen, but it is here now. This afternoon I walked a long way on the paved path and was grateful that the seed came to fruition. People have told us that it is used quite a lot.

Paula

No comments: