Friday, February 10, 2012

Cold and Healing


New Brighton, MN

Hello,

Brian has recovered much. He slept with little pain for the first time since this journey began on January 30. He tells me that he is a side sleeper and has found it difficult to sleep on his back. There is now the ability to bend his knee much farther than before. Driving the car was not painful as it has been in the past days. Today he even said he sat in class and did not have pain, however his leg is still sticking out in the aisle and he walks with a decided limp. But there is hope in the air for healing.

Because it was eight degrees F. with a biting damp wind in the morning, I went with Brian to drop him off closer to the door He would not have to hobble so long and far as he made his way to the building. Because today’s class was not so late in the morning I was able to park only two lots away instead of three. I will admit that I was glad to get to the shelter of the school building.

I had brought a book to read as well as some puzzles. At some point I realized that there were no clocks around so I tried to pull out my phone to check. Oops, it was not with me. Brian would not be able to call me when he was done. He had suggested that I go get the vehicle just before his class ended and wait at the sidewalk. I also did not have on my watch. After noticing that more students were coming in the building following a lengthy lull, I asked someone with a phone and learned that it would be only about ten minutes before I needed to be at the pick up point. It took a while to get out of the parking lot as there was a lot of activity there. Brian was waiting as I pulled up so it was good timing even without a watch and a phone.

Just how did people survive in the old days?

Paula 

No comments: