Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing House

Ely, IA

Hello,

I feel as if I am playing house. Perhaps it is because so many things around me are not “mine” and this is just a temporary situation. I remember having the same feeling when we went to Slovakia the first time. Would it have felt differently if we had rented an apartment for a month? I do know it would have been harder to manage. We would have had to struggle to get things out of storage because we did not pack things with the idea of taking out just enough to create good living in one bedroom. This is much nicer. We even have a king sized bed, sheets, blankets, towels, a washer, a dryer, dish soap, and toilet paper are provided. Then there are all of the utilities that we did not have to get hooked up and then unhook a short time later. If desired, we have cable TV and the Internet. We have our cell phones that we do not use so much because we can make free calls over the internet. Communication is certainly in a new era. I am happy to be living in these times. Just so you know we are not totally freeloading, but do contribute to the household expenses.

A great thing is that we did not forward our mailing address so no junk mail finds us. Perhaps I feel like I am playing house because I am so unencumbered and free. Someday I will just leave or quit.

Now I am blessed with two large calendars. That may not seem like much to you, but I am pleased. I had brought one back from SLC public library. It is a water stewardship publication from the SLC department of public utilities. I am in agreement with everything they have advocated so far. We will see what the rest of the year provides. I certainly do not want to look at things everyday that I disagree with. Then my hostess brought me a calendar from work. It is also good and filled with beautiful pictures. In addition we have a smaller calendar that has pictures of Sophia and Logan on it. Just think we will have no excuse for not knowing what day it is after we have moved.

Paula

No comments: