Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life Goes On


New Brighton, MN

Hello,

Some have asked how Brian was injured. He was playing basketball, leaped up, and collided with the bony parts of another player. This occurred a week and a half ago. At first he thought it was ok, then after a trip to the emergency room, he still thought he was able to handle it, however pain and trauma increased rather than decreased so he called for reinforcements. Even though it is too bad that he was hurt, it is good that Leroy was free to bring me up since we only have one working car at the moment. Good too that I do not have a job. I have one now don’t I? I expect to go back to Iowa the first part of next week. Monday is a hard day to leave here because there is no day care that day. So I will be considering ways to get back to Cedar Rapids on Monday night or some time Tuesday. I believe that I have already checked the bus schedules and they are not good connections. So perhaps I will go and then wait for Leroy to fetch me from about the halfway point.

Some asked what school goal Brian has. He would like to be a physician’s assistant. Because computer programmer Brian had not taken any science classes as an undergrad he is almost starting over. It will take him several years to go to the end.

Just so you know I was not relaxing too much yesterday, here is a list of what I got done. Brian was in class, Jen was at work, and the kids were at daycare. First I gathered garbage in the house, took the can to the curb, and proceeded to pick up dog poop. Just because I grew up on a farm does not mean I enjoy dealing with manure. I found that I was gripping the shovel handle extra firmly, feeling grossed out the more I looked around the back yard, and distressed at how much was left to do. It was indeed an accomplishment when I got it done.

I also folded a bit of laundry, hung up a bit of laundry, and took care of dishes.

For my leisure time, I worked on Sudoku and read a book. All in all it was a good day.

Paula

No comments: