Saturday, February 4, 2012

Helping Out

February 3, 2012
New Brighton, MN

Hello,

First of all I should tell you that today is Leroy’s birthday. It has been a long time since we have been with any of our children for this event. There will be apple pie and games. What could be better?

This morning we took the kids to daycare then drove Brian to his class so he could be dropped off close to the door and not have to walk such a long distance to get there. Brian did not say much but he and I have very different driving styles. I suspect in his mind I fit in the old foggy category and he fits in the too fast, too close to the car ahead category in my standard driving manual.

We then went grocery shopping with Brian. At one store the worker told him to use one of the motorized carts. On that cart he moved with little speed and much finesse. I had not really thought about how one would have to maneuver those machines to get in certain freezers and other places. We people who walk with ease need to be thankful.

February 4, 2012
I could not finish this letter yesterday. Continuing that report on Brian; the diagnosis is a muscle tear, level three. He will have an ultra sound on Monday for a closer look. Recovery at the most could take 12 weeks. Brian is certainly hoping for the shorter time. He finds it painful to move, sit, bend, or lift heavy objects. Logan is considered heavy.

Leroy is going back to Ely/CR as he starts work on Monday. The weather is expected to be fine. Now I just hope he can stay awake for the four (or perhaps a bit more) hour trip. I plan to stay here for a week to ten days. I suppose we are all hoping that Brian has a quicker rather than a slow recovery. But always people hope for that don’t they?

Paula 

No comments: