Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Day

Hello,

Rain was dropping on the roof and flowing down the gutters when we woke up. Leroy did his exercises and said, “I am going to walk. It is above 40 and there is no wind.”

We put on appropriate clothes, opened umbrellas, Leroy put on overshoes, and I put on sandals. It was a fine walk, but I have to confess that my feet were a little damp and cold by the end. “I can tell I do not use an umbrella very much,” Leroy remarked.

“Is your arm tired?” I asked thinking of my own tired arm.

We both switched many times before the two mile walk was done. But we were quite happy to have walked. The mowing crew had been in the park since our last walk. It was great to see that they did not mow off the wildflowers, but mowed around them. I am pleased. There is hope for the world.

We met a runner in the park. This guy must be a committed runner as he was wearing shorts, a short sleeved shirt, running shoes, and rain drops. There are some hearty people here.

Later the sun came out while it was still raining. I looked in all directions, but did not spot a rainbow. What a disappointment! However there is still beauty outside. The tree that provided such a great winter feast for the robins is in full bloom and it is covered. I am so impressed with it. When you look out the bedroom windows on the south side all you see are pink blossoms, a few leaves, and some small bits of branch.

Paula

No comments: