Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bocce and Bluebells

Hello,

In the late Easter afternoon, Leroy and I played a game of bocce. Leroy had requested it. I reluctantly agreed because I seldom win. Wow, the first game I not only won, but I won by a large margin. This is a great lawn for playing. We could travel quite some distance before we needed to turn around. On the second game Leroy was well ahead until the end where I mysteriously again got the closest throws and won that game too. Leroy declined to play another.

Earlier we had taken another walk through the park. I suppose that is our favorite leisure time activity. It is such a blessing to live close to this great resource. Many of the flowering trees have dropped all their pedals and moved on to growing leaves.

We were pleased to find those spring beauties in full flower creating a white carpet in many areas. Then we spotted some blue bells. Not so many of them as I suspect there is too much mowing going on most of the time. They are quite nice to see. Two new flowers put in an appearance, but we forgot to look them up in the wildflower book so I can not report their name. Right now I am not sure enough of my memory to use the book. Many of these plants have similar features.

There were several females playing Frisbee golf. All of them were on a team with guys, but at least some of them get out there. The skateboarders and bikes were on the ramps doing fancy stuff that scares me just to watch. Why more of them do not fall I am not sure. Actually I think I have not seen any of them fall over even though it is obvious that sometimes they flub the move. These two parks are used quite a lot as several groups have already had picnics. Now in Slovakia there would have been two or three times as many people but I am pleased that some people are getting out in this country.

Paula

No comments: