Thursday, April 21, 2011

No visit Scheduled

Hello,

Miriam and girls will not be coming as planned. The guy booking the tickets for the small airline got it wrong on which end she was coming from and going to, consequently they let her cancel those tickets. Southwest also lets you cancel tickets without penalty. Because Andy will be home that week they have also decided to stay home. It makes more sense. He was going to be home that week and then gone the next two while Miriam would be home. Now I believe that his work trip has been reduced to one week. We will see what happens with all of this. I have come around to the thought that it is a lot of money (almost a thousand dollars), time traveling (almost a day each way), and effort (much harder to come up with an amount of energy). I did see them not so long ago and will see all my children the first weekend in June as they are throwing a 40th anniversary bash for Leroy and I. I will see them.

I can say that more flowering trees and plants are in evidence in south east Iowa than in Minnesota. This morning we saw spring beauty, violets, and Dutchman britches all in one area. Then I think it is called Solomon’s seal that is ready to bloom as well. I am so glad the park does not try to kill weeds or wildflowers. It is wonderful to see them in the green grass.

One of the parks across the street is an arboretum. There are some trees that have flowered for which I do not have a name. Leroy got a folder with the tree names and numbers. There is also a tree location map. Some nice day we intend to go and find these trees. I believe that it numbers more than 50 different kinds. We will have to spend a bit of time doing this, but it should be good.

There is one tree that is totally lying on the ground. It amazes me that it is still alive. Somehow I think it has been in this position for a long time. It certainly looks quite comfortable.

Paula

No comments: