Monday, April 18, 2011

Health Issues

Hello,

After I was convinced that I just had a non contagious sinus infection, a woman at church told me she thought it was instead a virus because she had already had all of my symptoms. Her condition lasted three weeks. I seem to be quite well today so at least I do not have the longevity. Mine seems to be just of a week and a day duration so could it have been non contagious. I just hope that I did not expose Brian’s family. That almost negates any help that I gave them.

Today I learned that I will continue to support companies that make skin lotions combating dryness. The Dr. did list dry skin as a symptom of thyroid imbalance. Those drugs seemed like a possible solution to the skin and hair dryness but today he reported that the lab results were normal. Does that mean it is simply aging and an almost fat free diet? Just as with Leroy, my cholesterol is not as good as it was on the last report. We both wonder if we are exercising less as we do not have so many places to walk. I know for a fact that Leroy would sometimes walk six miles. I might have been more likely to get about three in. Here we do get in our two everyday, but it is more of an effort. Does attitude make a difference with cholesterol?

We sign up for wellness dollars from the insurance company. I tried to get that done today. It is tied into the pension board of the church. I could not get into the web site. It was only after I called for help that I learned I was actually at the pension board site rather than on the wellness site. Embarrassing, but it is all accomplished now. I got my $150 credit and must see what to do for the $300 credit. Leroy tells me it is different that the things that we did in the past.

Somewhat spurred on by that focus on health, I lifted weights this afternoon and found out that I have lost strength. Now 7.5 pounds seems like a lot. I had not lifted for at least three weeks. Where does strength go? Is there a puddle on the floor? Maybe it is like hair and just sheds off each day?

Paula

No comments: