Sunday, April 10, 2011

More Traveling

Hello,

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow for a well person check up. Now, as per my own diagnosis, I have a terrible sinus condition. Should I call up the office and say that I can not come in because I do not feel well? How crucial is it to be well for a well person check?

I need to renew my osteoporosis meds so I must soon see a doctor. I will go. If I get done early enough I will drive to Brian and Jen’s house. If it is not early enough I will drive up on Tuesday. Logan has been crying quite a lot so I am going to give some rest time to Jen.

I wish I had checked the local airline for prices before I went to Salt Lake as they are offering $25 for seniors or $50 for others to go round trip to Chicago or St. Louis. It would have been cheaper to fly from here saving both gas for the car and a parking fee. Oh well it is only money and time right?

On my return trip from Salt Lake we left that city half an hour late. My connection time in Detroit was only one hour. I wondered about it, but thought the airline was obligated to take care of me. The reason for the delay? They were waiting for a co-pilot to come on board.

They said there was a strong tail wind so we would still get to Detroit on time. That was indeed true. At one point I noticed the wind was 191 kph. That is a strong wind.

After landing on time at the A concourse I did ask someone at a desk, the quickest way to get to the C concourse since it seemed there were a lot of gate numbers in between. Luckily there was a tram. I arrived at my assigned gate with just enough time to go to the bathroom and board the plane. My bottom did not even touch a seat in the waiting area. It is a good thing I am getting better about asking for help. Is that aging? Then I should be grateful for aging.

Paula

No comments: