Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miriam's Pending visit

Hello,

I have been hinting that I feel our children almost never visit. Sometimes it is more than a hint. Miriam thought that she would be able to go to Australia because Andy was going there for work. When that plan got changed she then talked about going to Disney Land with the girls. I said, “No you should come here.”

It seemed to me that if they have the money for relaxation they could manage to come here. Perhaps I am not considered relaxation. The first of May it will have been two years since Miriam and the girls last visited. It has been four and a half years since Andy has been in our home. Personally I thought I was not being unreasonable and really have been quite patient and not complained until just in the last month or so.

Miriam and the girls are booked to come next week. Now I feel guilty because of course it does cost more for three to come than one or two. Also she picked this time because Andy was going to be gone for work and his company would fly him here for the weekend since he would be gone two weeks. Now his work schedule has probably changed and he will be at home. Also the flights here got quite complicated. Miriam used one airline to get to St. Louis and then is using the local line to get to Burlington. After she booked her longer flight she then learned that she could not get on the plane to Burlington on Tuesday night. She and the girls will be spending the night in St. Louis and coming early in the morning. The stressful part of that is that the hotel shuttle will get her to the airport less than an hour before her flight time. Hopefully security will be a breeze. On the return trip she is booked ok, but she has to spend six hours in the airport with two young girls and all of their “junk”. I had planned to go with her to St. Louis as my flight would only cost a total of $25. Then I could help deal with any issues and still come back late that night. However Miriam got the last three seats on the return flight consequently I can not do that. So, for Miriam it is an expensive trip in time, energy, and money.

I am pleased that they are coming, but I must figure out how to feel good about it all.

Paula

No comments: