Friday, April 22, 2011

Running Deer

Hello,

In the distance two deer were racing across the path. They paused, but bounded off as two more deer come running with white tails raised. That is unusual as they seldom seemed concerned by anything or anyone around them. In a bit a woman walking two quite large dogs came into sight. Could that be the reason for such movement?

Perhaps I should have run after the deer. I have been trying to earn points for the insurance company wellness challenge. So I have set goals and am keeping track of steps and distance. I also talked with a wellness coach because that too earns points. It seems the most serious lack in my exercise life is that I do not make my heart work very hard. Chasing deer around the park would probably help, but it would not help my psyche because there is no way I could get close to these critters. I recommitted to lifting weights on a schedule so I get it done more consistently.

There is rhubarb in the garden. It has been 12 years since I have lived with rhubarb on our place. I had forgotten about it, but Leroy has mentioned it. It is nice to again have it available. I will try to make something in the near future. That is where I miss those mulberries as they were nice addition to a recipe to cut back on the amount of added sugar to make it edible. I am no longer happy using much sugar and I do not want to use artificial sweetener. I suppose I could try to figure out how much honey to use, but it too is best used sparingly.

Leroy planted some seeds while I was gone, but so far we see nothing sprouting except weeds. I think it is too cold for much activity out there. Unfortunately the weeds are of the hardy variety. I also need to get to work on the flower beds as much of the green is really crab grass.

Paula

No comments: