Monday, April 25, 2011

Noisy Car

Hello,

On my way home from MN I felt that the car was making more noise than usual. It seemed to be concentrated in the left front area. At some point I even wondered if I had shifted out of the lower gears. Or rather that the car was not shifting up. But I could move easily at my normal speed so that did not seem like the problem. I could not remember hearing the noise on the way up. I wondered if the car were falling apart, but was philosophical about it and just turned the radio up a little more. What you can’t hear as well for four or five hours fades in importance. At least disaster did not seem to be imminent.

I mentioned the noise to Leroy, but he could not look at the time so, of course, we both forgot about it. I remembered the last time I was out and about. There was no noise when I stopped and it was not noticeable until I went over 30 mph. Sunday Leroy and I were in the garage getting weed pulling supplies when I again thought of it. I pushed against the left front fender and it moved. Leroy looked under the car and found a couple pins that hold it were broken. This morning we took the car to the repair place we have been using. The mechanic took about fifteen minutes to remove the old pins and put some clamps in holding it together. They did this work for nothing. We were very amazed and impressed.

I will say there is still some noise. Leroy said there was a crack in one part of it so I suppose the wind goes through more than usual. At least now I know for sure it will not fall apart. What a blessing!

Paula

No comments: