Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Arriving in Minnesota

Hello,

It was a mostly uneventful trip to Minnesota. Skies were clear, roads were clear, and my mind was clear. Leroy helped me to get out of the house with ease and most everything I needed.

On the six to seven hour drive I saw a small hawk fly off of a post close to the road, had a large heavy bodied fowl startle me as it flew across in front of my window, and spotted a flock of large birds, perhaps turkeys, foraging in a field.

It is noted that fewer flowers are blooming in the north. It is cooler, but not by much.

I also make a stop at the Minnesota NIKE outlet store. Last year I had gotten some leaky boots from Kike. I still can feel bad about the loss of those boots if I let myself as they were great looking and walking boots. The company gave me a website voucher for those boots. While visiting Miriam I finally found something that I wanted to buy with that money as I had waited in vain for some similar boots to appear on the web site. The jacket and hoodie arrived just a few days later. Leroy declared the coat too large and I thought the hoodie was too small. Return instructions stated that I could return them to any Nike store. I prefer to try on clothes when purchasing so a stop seemed like the easiest fix.

It was indeed smooth. So smooth that I spent $30 more than I returned. In the process I learned that I am still open to flattery such as: you are you look so good in this top that keeps runners warm. She assured me that walkers can wear it too. So she stated it does not look good on heavy people. She even talked me into buying two jackets to go with the top. I found a pair of shoes as well. I am not sure why I was surprised at checkout to learn that I owed them money. But it is satisfying. Now I just hope I like it. One of the jackets is quite visible in low light and I consider that a plus for walking on those dark mornings.

Paula

No comments: