Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hair Issues

Hello,

Thursday was a bad hair day that lives on in memory. When I commented to Leroy about it I realized he has not had a bad hair day in years. No wonder he was so unsympathetic. What a luxury! But then I do not want to live with as little hair as he has his head. I used to have fewer issues when I had shorter hair. I suppose I could go back to that, but I have been told that I look better with longer hair. If I can believe what I see in the mirror I would agree that is true. But I miss those days of combing my hair once and that was good for the rest of the day. There are still some days I do not comb it, but just finger comb. If the curl is right it works until there is a stiff wind to blow dry it giving it an alternative look. Right now humidity is coming back and so is my big volumized hair. Someone wondered if I had had a haircut because it had curled more making it shorter. Sometimes someone will wonder if I have had a perm.

There are multiple products for curly hair such as anti frizz, shine, or sculpting. They might work well for some people, but I do not know what to do after I get them on my hair. There is one woman here who has curly hair. All she does is wash it, put on the product, and crimp it with her hands. Her hair always looks great and the same great. I on the other hand never know what my hair will look like from day to day. I should be grateful for surprises, right?

It is especially frustrating when my hair looks good before I leave the house and after I walk across the drive to church it will be totally rearranged by the wind whipping around the corner of the church. I always want to say to people it looked good before I left home, but that seldom happens.

Is Leroy lucky or what with such an uncomplicated life?

Paula

No comments: