Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby Logan

Hello,

Logan has his moments of peace and distress. Sound normal for a baby? Well it is but some days seem more extreme in the crying direction than peaceful. It humbles one quickly when you realize that you do not know everything nor do you even have a good guess sometimes. Baby does not know all either, but he does know that something is not right. All the adults can do sometimes is run through a mental check list of possibilities and try them in turn hoping that one will work. That list might include, holding, walking, bouncing, changing position, talking singing, and tearing out your own hair. One of the problems with the cessation of crying is that even though the crying stopped was it indeed the last thing that helped. Lack of speech does indeed make a difference for dealing with another person.

Sophia seems to be taking it all in stride. It surely cannot be easy to go from being number one to a sad second sometime. Can you imagine she thinks I am silly? Especially when I pretend that my hand is a spider walking along the couch to come see her.

I arrived with my sinus condition. That means I cough and blow my nose much more than is pleasant. Brian and Jen wondered if they would have to take care of me instead of me helping them. I also have felt a little slow because of it. Yesterday morning Brian gave me this and that cold medicine to take. Normally I rarely take anything. After the morning I knew why that was. I felt a bit dizzy and light headed. I am not sure why, but many of those drugs do not make me feel good. I do feel better today but is that because have having taken that medicine or just because my body has had enough time to fix it?

Maybe tomorrow I will feel like doing a bit more work around here besides toting a baby. I could actually clean a couple things. As it is I have been reading or doing puzzles in my time off.

Paula

No comments: