Monday, February 21, 2011

No Dough and Leroy's condition

Hello,

Some of you have asked about the Fastnacht dough that I might have made and not used. There is no dough. We had the dough making alarm set for an early hour, but when the bell chimed; Leroy already knew that it was an event that he could not participate in so we just discussed how to cancel. I did mash the potatoes the night before, but potatoes are easily consumed. The rest of the things will just sit on the shelf and wait for another day.

Today however, Leroy said, “I feel much better this morning.”

But when his warm hand touched me I wondered, “Should I take your temperature?”

“You can if you want,” he agreed, “but I think it is normal.”

Well it was only a little above normal at 99.4F.

My skin is dry and Leroy often puts lotion on my back. I will have to confess that I appreciated those warm hands.

He got ready and went to church at his usual time of 8:00am. The funeral was not until late morning, but there were things that needed to be done ahead of time, such as unlock the door.

He is now back home and has taken a nap. The intention was that he would sleep a long time this afternoon, but the phone rang requiring his attention. He will not go to his Spanish class tonight. The next funeral is on Wednesday so he must write a sermon for that. Hopefully tomorrow he will be in even better shape. I am impressed at how well he has bounced back from this little foray into sickness. We are also hopeful that he is not overdoing his activities.

We were pleased to get a note from Jen that the ultra sound showed the baby is gaining weight nicely. I suppose it could be born anytime now, but a week longer gestation time would be helpful as well.

Paula

No comments: