Monday, February 14, 2011

Ambience

Hello,

Last night Leroy and I got dressed up and went to dinner across the drive. We did have to step carefully onto the ice around the lake at the end of the sidewalk. Then it was into the dimmed light of the church with small lights strung around plus candles to create an ambience of intimacy.

We had a nice meal but ate too much. This morning I was telling four year old Olivia what we ate. When I commented that we were too full she wanted to know, “Why did you eat more if you were full?”

A little child shall lead them.

This morning Leroy put some bricks in the pond to give us stepping stones at the end of the walk. That is great as I thinking I might have to wear boots just to get through it. Now I can just step lightly to make it across for the rest of the melting season. There was quite a large drift there so it will take awhile before this spot is clear.

I am impressed with how well my Christmas cactus is blooming. It did not do well earlier in the south window. I have now moved it to the west and it is making up for lost time. It is lovely. Then two of my amaryllis are getting ready to bloom. My sister has probably ten or more that are blooming. What bounty! Spring will be coming soon with outdoor flowers to match the indoor variety.

Paula

No comments: